Irrigation in the Pacific Northwest

Minimum Batch Volume

For mixing dry chemicals. This calculates the minimum amount of water that must be mixed with dry chemicals in order to completely dissolved all of the dry chemicals into solution. This is based on the chemical's solubility. Adding more water than the minimum is necessary. Learn more about the units used on this page.

Total Chemical Mixture:
Chemical Solubility:
Minimum Added Water:

The Equation

The equation to determine the minimum amount of water that must be added to completely disolve the dry chemicals is:


= Weight of the chemical in the tank in pounds.

= Solubility of the chemical in pounds per gallon.


WSU Prosser - IAREC, 24106 N Bunn Rd, Prosser WA 99350-8694, 509-786-2226,Contact Us