Welcome! This website is dedicated to improving the understanding of irrigation planning and management in order to increase grower profitability and enhance our environment.
Good irrigation planning and management are truly among the few win-win practices that increase grower profitability while protecting and improving our environment. This is becoming more and more important as water becomes a limiting resource due to rising urban demand and environmental restoration. Increased irrigation water requirements to feed the earth's rising population, production of biofuels, and climate change further put a strain on our limited freshwater resources.
This website was developed by the extension irrigation specialists from the land grant universities of the Pacific Northwest states of Washington, Idaho, and Oregon. It is funded in part by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Cooperative State Research Education and Extension Service (CSREES), Water Quality Enhancement Grants.
- Does Wetter Water Make Fatter Wallets? Using Soil Wetting Agents (13 KB)
- Practical Use of Soil Moisture Sensors for Irrigation Scheduling (133 KB)
- Calculating Chemigation Injection Rates (96 KB)
- Managing Wheel-Lines and Hand-Lines for High Profitability (317 KB)
- Center Pivot Distribution Uniformity Calculator (391 KB, Microsoft Excel 2007)
- New Online Presentations
- Request a free Irrigation guide, or Water Management pamphlet
- Sprinkler, Chemigation, General, and Water Measurement calculators